Creating Your Career Portfolio: At-a-Glance-Guide
This textbook is designed to give students the tools needed to identify and document their current skills and abilities into a hard copy and electronic Career Portfolio.
Click on the image for the downloadable templates!
Learnovation® Case Management Software
Using your core services and existing relationships, the Case Management Software provides the dashboard for all team members to support individuals through RISK/ASSESS/ASSIST. Once set up your team can update the forms and contacts in real time.
Integrated Outcomes Assessment for Career Enhancement
Student and program outcomes are embraced with the integrated outcomes assessment tools with each aspect listed below.
1. First and foremost, each student’s status on skills, work experience, education, training and community service/activities is completed allowing both the student and staff to know the entry level status.
2. The Career Portfolio gives evidence of the student’s awareness of skills, knowledge and abilities. The grading rubrics and curriculum map the student’s soft skill, technical skill and transferable skills to the target job.
3. Each activity from pamphlets content and discussion to development of career portfolio components has an individual assessment rubric giving the participant and staff member feedback.
4. The outcomes assessment tools allow for individual variables to be compared by group. For instance, the CAREER GAP SOFTWARE allows comparison across participants for target careers, summary of skills as reported by the Department of Labor standards and the comparison of education and training to the CIP codes of program participation. The software reporting further allows for data summary by individual, group and policy as well as facilitating data mining for real time queries.
5. With the program goal to measurably enhance the careers of participants, measures are in place to capture the knowledge of the student, the skills of the student and goals.
6. Measures for gaining awareness and practicing the key pillars of Well
Being are take upon completion of materials and again in the presentation of the Career Portfolio.
7. Final program outcomes are also recording in the progress toward the target career as benchmarks are distinguishable in 480 plus hour windows on work experience, completion of courses for education, completion of certificate for training, hours of participation in apprentice or internships and acquisition of professional licenses and/or certifications.
8. Overall student’s career enhancement is measured by the start status of knowledge, skills and abilities to the program completion as measured by the Department of Labor’s Job Zone summary and GAP analysis to Target Career.
9. This program lends itself to case management where “Risk, Assess, Assist” procedures identify and allow for leadership to intervene supporting the individual as barrios to successful completion are identified. This support can be anywhere from learning enhancement to the identification of health issues, homelessness, or addiction concerns to name a few.
10. Using the tools associated with the Career Enhancement program progress can be monitored and measured for specific content gain, skill acquisition and successful employment.
Learnovation® Career Enhancement Program
The Learnovation® Career Enhancement Program integrates the Career Portfolio At-A-Glance Guide, job skill/ life skill pamphlets, and the Learnovation® Career GAP software. In this program, Learnovation®, LLC has integrated these materials into a curriculum so students gain awareness of high-demand careers, the components of jobs that include high-demand skills, and the links to STEM skills.
Learnovation® Career GAP Software
The CAREER GAP SOFTWARE provides a guided, exploratory, career tool for framing, classifying, and indexing work experience, education, training and community service/activities electronically by skills, abilities, knowledge and competencies.
Professional Development of Your Team
Learnovation ®, LLC has given over 500 in-services on topics ranging from working with special needs learners to integrating character awareness into career and life enhancement.
We recognize people have preferred learning styles and require not only concepts, but also activities so they can progress from awareness to practicing and ultimately mastery of content. We constantly integrate our knowledge and experience of instructional design into an engaging seminar, workshop or keynote.
A few topics include:
- Enhancing Workplace Engagement through the use of Career Portfolios
- Measuring Gainful Employment and program outcomes
- Engaging students online for gainful employment
- How to reach your learner— anticipating needs through technology and techniques
- The Staff Are People too— measuring the total program
- Closing the Career GAP for life—Are we having fun yet??
Job & Life Skill Pamphlets
There are five core pillars of Well-Being: Purpose, Social, Financial, Community and Physical Well-Being. Each pillar is touched upon in our concept-driven pamphlets.
- Workforce Readiness
- Finanacial Literacy
- Wellness and Nutrition
- Study Skills
For more information on the individual pamphlets please visit the Well-Being portion of our website! show more show less
Curriculum Development and Instructional Design
We address job readiness, workplace engagement and gainful employment, with personal expertise in at-risk youth, reentry, outcomes assessment, curriculum development and mapping the Department of Labor’s standards to both national curriculum standards and DOE standards.
College Boot Camp Bundle (Student Bundle 1)$75.00
Creating Your Career Portfolio At-A-Glance Guide for Professionals ISBN 978-0-9796434-3-9$48.95
Career Portfolio Workbook for Dietitians, 2nd ed. ISBN 978-0-9969528-1-1$26.95
Professional Career Portfolio Kit$84.95
Dietetic Career Portfolio Set$125.00
Workforce Preparation Series – Full Set (14)$17.95